Did you know that while the town hall building was first built in 1915, the façade on the outside (facing Chapel and Perry Streets), is a replacement built in the 1950s after the original building was badly damaged in the 1942 Eketahuna earthquake.
In the forum below we want to hear your thoughts about the façade and whether you think it’s important to retain it or not. We’d also like to know if you would be willing to pay an extra cost to retain it on top of the current annual rate increase of $200 estimated for the development of a new centre.
This is a public forum so please keep the following points in mind:
- Be nice to each other. We are all here to contribute and converse so please be kind and respect others and their ideas.
- Try to stay on-topic. There are two other threads where you can leave your thoughts about ‘What Should be in a Community Facility’ and ‘The Financial Impact of a New Facility‘
- Abuse will not be tolerated. This includes: personal attacks, hate speech, negative comments or slurs against race, sexual orientation or gender, or threats to a user’s safety.
- Please do not share personal or sensitive information about other users.
- Spamming of threads or posts will not be tolerated.
The tool we’re using to facilitate the conversation is called GraphComment – it allows you to create a profile so you can track your comments, share the conversation, vote on other people’s comments and reply to others. If you have trouble for whatever reason you can check their FAQ or send us a message at email@example.com.